Traffic Control Flagger- Tyler, TX
Website Total Highway Maintenance, LLC
NOTE: This job description represents a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not considered to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined specifically in the job description; other duties, as assigned, will become part of the job. All employees are expected to fully participate and exhibit team work at all times
A Traffic Control Flagger is an entry level position in the Traffic Control Division at our Tyler location. Under the general supervision of the Traffic Control Leader. A Flagger will assist in all aspects of traffic control. To include, but not limited to: lane closures, flagging operations, long term job sets, emergency response closures and project maintenance.
Job Site Duties:
• Follow all applicable safety rules and regulations.
• Perform and record daily vehicle inspections on equipment driven.
• Load/unload trucks and trailers with project required equipment and devices.
• Clean and refurbish out of spec traffic control devices.
• Keep Traffic Control area clean and organized.
• Aid in the set-up and removal of traffic diversion devices, including: barrels, cones, signs, barricades, rumble strips and other related equipment.
• Aid in the direction of vehicular and pedestrian traffic by providing manual direction and/or operating automated traffic control signals to facilitate the flow of traffic.
• Aid in the placement of perimeter project signs according to project specific plans.
• Drive to and from job sites a variety of vehicles utilized in traffic control operations (pickup, pickup with trailer, TMA).
• All other duties as assigned for the successful execution and/or completion of various projects whether or not specifically assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to be reliable and punctual.
• Knowledge of organizational and safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices.
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements
• Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
• Able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Ability to work flexible hours and shifts, overtime and/or on-call shifts as required ensuring the success of each project.
• Desire to learn the traffic control industry
• Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and meet the following criteria: No DUI/DWI within the past five (5) years. No more than two (3) moving violations in the past three years.
• Must pass background screening that adheres to EEOC and other government regulations as it relates to specific projects and expectations.
Constantly: Hearing and talking. Standing, sitting, walking, lifting up to 100 lbs with or without assistance, works in the dark or at night (depending on shift), work in uncontrolled climate environments.
It is the policy of Total Highway Maintenance, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job please visit thmtx.com.