Website Total Highway Maintenance, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective The Mechanic position will require mechanical assistance: including but not limited to diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment used the Pavement Markings, Traffic Control and High Friction Surfacing Treatment Industry. Help installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacement, and repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment. Responsible for furnishing their own tools, clean the work area, machines, and tools.
Essential Functions and Duties Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Attendance and Punctuality is imperative to be able to complete job duties on a daily basis
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and material needed to do certain work.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, various chemicals or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type This is a full-time position.
Preferred Education and Experience 3-5 years of Diesel experience along with related Mechanical experience. Knowledge of HINO, International and Chevrolet preferred.
License Class C license required. CDL preferred but not necessary.
EEO Statement It is the policy of Total Highway Maintenance to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Total Highway Maintenance will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit thmtx.com.